Saturday, May 14, 2011

What's in a name?

March 12/11 the third visit. And the pick of the litter is...
YELLOW
It was cause for celebration because not only did we know exactly which girl was the new addition to the family, her name had been decided after serious debate.

The post even made it to Facebook because none of us could agree, and I feared this little dog would be nameless.  Then I recalled a conversation that first visit to the farm.  Liz and I chatted about the CKC registration and she shared a story about finding herself in the same predicament with one of her own V girls.   Somewhere that 2 minute discussion was filed away until one such name struck a chord in my heart.

CLOVER; "to be (live) in clover" meaning to live a carefree life of ease, comfort, or prosperity  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clover
Fields of red clover


I couldn't think of a better name for our viszla.  It was a bit unusual, playful, meaningful, and besides, I would always claim luck nearby.  The quatrefoil or four-leaf clover has captivated me forever in architectural design and this symbolic shape is all over my home.  It was like finding a small piece of destiny.


Kris bangs the kitchen pot with a wooden spoon 
as Liz prepares the little noses for working with a cup of kibble 
One of the highlights of this visit was watching the litter of scrambling pups search for food treats in their pen!  They were being desensitized to loud startling sounds and receiving positive reinforements. Very clever!



No comments:

Post a Comment