Monday, January 16, 2012

Twelve months




We've finally convinced Clover her pillow is far more comfortable much to the dismay of the kingsize bed loving cat.  I've added an extra layer to the memory foam to fill out the duvet.  The feline competition seems to have ceased for now...but I did catch them sharing the same sofa which may indicate they've moved on to bigger things.


Clover likes my moose.  I'm pretty keen on it too.

We made it through Clover's first heat, unscathed.  Around the 30 day mark her mammary glands were hard, swollen and slightly blue.  That lasted for a couple of weeks, then subsided. It was about the same time that we noticed her vulva had reduced significantly as well. Actually is somewhat surprising to see how much they swell. Her appetite is now ferocious and no food can be left within tracking access. Thankfully there were no pseudopregnancy symptoms (that in itself called for a champagne toast of relief).  I still have a second shadow but Clover's overall calmness remains a far cry from the demands of a young puppy.

She's enjoying the freedom of the outdoors again and miraculously regained her obedience skills.  We are currently working to curb the urge to bounce upon the arrival of new visitors (she has yet to accept that Vizslas are NOT Kangaroos).  Clove loves to pace (when I say that I mean at a running pace up and down the front hall) at the sound of a doorbell.  I am desperately trying to correct that anxiously excitable behaviour (because frankly my floor can't take the wear).

Up until this past month she's been crated whenever unsupervised.  I've been experimenting with small amounts of time alone in the house confined to the livingroom/kitchen.  I continue to use the crate daily for about 2 hours and most nights.  There is no intention of giving up the kennel, but I do want to feel reasonably comfortable with her wandering the house, in turn she continues to integrate into our family.  Usually I find her burrowed into a blanket on the chesterfield where every area on the main floor can be observed.

Ooooooh SNOW





Clover is enjoying the warmer winter; she can still gallop through the waterfront trails of our neighbourhood on early weekend mornings.  A hot bowl of chicken broth (and coffee for DH) is waiting upon the return home from a good "run".  

AND; She still loves to steal toilet paper and shred it all over the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment