Monday, January 16, 2012

Weeks 39...9 months

Note; her nose is often blurred from incessant twitching. She's got OCTD Obsessive Compulsive Tracking Disorder!
 At nine months I'm bracing myself for another adolescent obstacle; defiance.  Her recall seems to be fading.  Fast.  I figured it was time to shift gears a little and try some different rewards, change up the routine, but nothing seems to be improving the situation.  I have been very persistent with training so I'm not about to give up, however it is extremely frustrating.  The recall issue doesn't seem to be isolated to any one situation or circumstance.  It's almost as if she's conveniently forgotten all her commands or rushes through the sequence because quite frankly this pup has other things to do such as...

play ball!

At 9 months, 2 weeks EXACTLY, we may have discovered the reasons for our behaviour struggle. Clover began her first heat cycle.  Her surgery was rescheduled after my son developed pneumonia. Priorities. One of the most debated, nerve-wracking decisions I made as a dog owner was deciding when to spay.  I wrote an entire post on this and didn't publish in fear the commentary would cause me more anxiety.  

No comments:

Post a Comment